• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What are these Cross-reference pod columns for?

Community Expert ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably obvious, but I can't find anything in the Help to explain what these two highlighted columns are for. Nothing ever appears in them. 

image.png

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent an email to tcssup and asked about the columns. According to them,

Quote-----------------------------------------------------

The Heading column shows the heading destination of cross reference used and Source Heading column shows the cross reference heading source as per the format used.

Quote-----------------------------------------------------

And they attached the following screenshot, which defnitely has information in those columns.

cross-references-from-tcssup.png

Thing is, there has never been information in any of my documents for those columns, and the Adobe Help for Cross-references has a screenshot from the structured interface which also has no information in the equivalent Elements columns.

I am now trying to find out if there's a setting or maybe something in how the xrefs are set up to begin with that would affect this. 

Good news is that I'm not the only person who doesn't see anything in those columns. Matt Sullivan and I had a brief email exchange and he doesn't see them either. That made me feel better. I hate being an edge case!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured it out. The only way those columns have information is if you are using the naming conventions Adobe uses in its default templates. If you create your own, nothing appears.

I'd call that less than useful, unless someone knows of a way to get FM to recognize your conventions for naming headings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines