• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can I find a FM scripting expert?

Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either because of my novice-level of FM knowledge or the limitations of FM itself (I'm probably too much of a novice to know the difference yet), there are things my company would very much like to automate in assembling data and then formatting and publishing books for print and web. I/we have the master pages/styles and that covered; we're not looking for a designer, more like we want to be able to string together specific actions in specific situations (i.e., "when a bulleted list is encountered, substitute the bullet points with square glyph, apply styles 1, 2, and 3"). So, kind of like what I'd do with making a Nested Style in ID and then an Action using the nested style, but with a functionality where it is automatically applied when importing formats. Does that make sense? Is this something we should/need to hire a freelancer/contractor for? And if so, could anyone recommend a good way to find one? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just read a few forum threads & you'll soon discover a bunch of them ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact me offlist and we can meet so I can see what you need. Thanks. rick at frameexpert dot com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I'll make a wish list and contact you. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines