• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I add a page to this file? Anchored frame

Participant ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy Thursday everyone - I'm having trouble with a FrameMaker file not automatically adding pages, for either added paragraphs or graphic frames. I can't even add a page break. (The information is in the file, but appears to be buried beneath the text frame.)

I'm adding an image that seems to offer a clue. The anchored frame in the image included (orange because it is conditional) has a black line drawn underneath it. The second black line is the ruler that is drawn in the footer of every page.

I've checked pagination, and that doesn't appear to be the problem.

Thanks in advance,

graphic frame wont go to next page.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried deselecting the crop anchor setting, which makes the image extend beyond the bottom of the page, but does not (as it should) add a new page and move the anchor to that page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually this is because the page is disconnected or someone has turned off auto-connect for the Flow A text frame on it (which may be the same thing).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To follow onto Bob's reply, the black line indicates a text frame overflow. Select the frame (Ctrl+Click, or use the "other" selection tool in the Graphics>Tools palette) and view the object properties. Enable the Autoflow option and you should be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob and Matt - I think you're getting me closer. It HAS to be something with the setup of the page, but I just checked and the page tag is A and autoconnect is on. It isn't disconnected if autoconnect is on, right?  I checked the master pages, and all is well. All of my other files are working.

Anything else you can think of?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do your master pages contain frames with the A flow tag?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - all master pages have flow A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a few things that could cause this, but I'd do a Save As to create a test file.

Then I'd select all in flow, cut, remove any pages other than the first, and paste content back into the doc. This should clear up extraneous frames and pages, and leave you with a properly working document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the last page of a file, or is there a following page, perhaps disconnected?

You could also run an AMP (apply master pages) and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I never figured this out. I tried: saving as .mif and reopening, importing all formats, master pages, and references pages from another document, and double checked all reference files.

In the end, I did Save As from a working document and copied the content over. Thankfully this was a pretty short one. Thanks to both of you for the information though - I am sure it will come in handy in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines