• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is my imported file image getting cut off when converting the fm file to a PDF?

Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a rotated master page with an imported image file placed in the header.  Everything looks fine in both the master page view and the body page view; however, when I save the file as a PDF, the image is getting cut off.  Can someone please advise me on how to fix this issue?

Reference images have been provided below...

framemaker_file.png     PDF_File.png

Thanks and regards,

Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

The "point" release info is what is shown in the Help about after the FM version  number, e.g. FM 13.x.xxx, where "x" is a digit.

To get around the clipping issue, you can try one of the following:

1) Try rotating the landscape pages back to the portrait orientation before creating the PDF.

2) Create a rotated version of the graphic and insert that on the Landscape Master pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a vector editor that can open PDF pages (like Illustrator), you might deconstruct that page and see what's going on.

It  might be some unrelated page element acting as a mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you create the PDF? Was it using the RGB or CMYK mode and which version [including point release]? FM sometimes messes with rotated images in the RGB mode [i.e. your page is rotated for the output].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried optimizing the file, I tried CMYK and RGB versions all to no avail.  what is point release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "point" release info is what is shown in the Help about after the FM version  number, e.g. FM 13.x.xxx, where "x" is a digit.

To get around the clipping issue, you can try one of the following:

1) Try rotating the landscape pages back to the portrait orientation before creating the PDF.

2) Create a rotated version of the graphic and insert that on the Landscape Master pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Arnis,

thank you.  Option 2 worked great.

best regards,

matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines