• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why won't the Italic angle work in Frame 2015?

Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the DTLArgoT font (as required by my company's brand guidelines), but I cannot get it to italicize in the Frame 2015 document. Here is what my character designer looks like:

As you can see, the Angle is Italic, but the text still looks normal in the document. I tried using Arial, and with that font the Italic angle works.  Is there a way to get this to apply to the DTLArgoT font?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To use italic, you'll need to have an italic version installed. Same with bold, bold+italic, etc.

Does Windows show more than one version of the DTLArgoT font installed?

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have DTLArgotT Bold and DTLARgoTLight Regular installed. Do I need to install an italicized version?

I am able to use italics in Word, but I guess Frame is different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, one more thing...

If you "just" need a character to use a single character as a graphic, you should be able to use Illustrator to Convert Text to Outline and then use Illustrator to "slant" the image. You'd have to use it as an imported graphic, but it would be the same quality as the other images if imported as AI, EPS, or PDF.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you're doing in Word is to have the application approximate italic, by slanting characters. Not a good idea, typographically, but perhaps ok for your purposes. An italic font is designed to complement the regular and other versions. Fm stopped supporting the "slanting" of characters many versions ago.

Your font designer should be able to produce an italic version with little effort if all that's required is "slanting"

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lara:

Here's a link to a free version:

http://fontsgeek.com/fonts/DTL-Argo-T-Italic

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, nice catch, I thought we were discussing an icon font...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines