• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Word Import Paragraph / List Numbering

Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am importing MS Word documents into Framemaker using File > Import > File. I have mapped my Word styles to my FrameMaker formats and the conversion is pretty darn clean. What I am struggling with is numbered lists. I have tried several approaches which result in all 1s, no reset to 1 (count continues through the entire document without resetting to 1 in new paragraphs), or no numbering at all. My Word styles are all "Numbered" and Word seems to automatically reset to 1 for new paragraphs (unless I manually right-click and select "start from 1") whereas Framemaker has seperate formats for 1 and cont. How can I get my numbered lists in Word to import to my FrameMaker file? I greatly appreciate any insight on this.

TOPICS
Content migration , Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trick is to map to FrameMaker styles that have the numbering defined correctly, and it doesn't matter how they were defined in Word—once you map the styles, FrameMaker is in charge. 

Here are two ways to restart a numbered list in FrameMaker. Once you select a method, you will need to update the paragraph styles in FrameMaker. 

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-framemaker-how-to-restart-a-numbered-list/

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Barb!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome!

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines