• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

7 Part Recorded E-Seminar Series – Unstructured Content To XML / FrameMaker 10 Instructional Series

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2013 Jun 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The links to this series can be found on the FrameMaker Developer pages under webinars (http://www.adobe.com/devnet/framemaker.html) and by searching the on demand seminars.   There is a also a page on the original presenters blog (http://tmaldous.com/2013/02/20/7-part-e-seminar-series-unstructured-to-xml-framemaker-10-instruction...) that lists all seven webinars.  The problem is that only the link to Part 3 works from both pages, and the Developer pages is missing Part 7.  All the other parts have broken links. 

I have tried searching the on demand seminars just now, and the only link that shows up is linking to Part 2, even though it has Part 3 in the title.  The event number differs to the event number for the same part on both pages above.

We have found these types of webinars invaluable in assisting us with planing our move from unstructured to structured.  In particular we were looking to this series to help us work up to EDD creation.  This 7 part series was referred to by Dustin Vaughn in his two part webinars on Custom Structure with FM 11 (the links to these are now not working!).

We have asked for the correct links from our local Adobe contact without success.  I have alos contacted the presenter, but as he no longer works for Adobe, he cannot help.  I have reported the broken links to Adobe, though, as the link to report a broken link, is also broken (maybe because it is looking for an AU page), I had to lodge a bug report, so I do not hold much hope for success.

The reason I am posting here; is that hopefull one of you may have viewed the webinars and have links that work or an Adobe person will see this and have the links fixed.

Jon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2013 Jun 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've pinged that powers that be about this. Hopefully, there will be a response shortky as to why the links are broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The website has an automated "expiry" setting that takes things off line. The sessions are currently being restored and will be fully available shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your help with this.  To whom do I request other webinars be restored as it looks like the 2 part series on by Dustin Vaughn on Custom Structure with FM 11 is similarly affected.  It is puzzling that webinars on a current product are expired.  You think Adobe would keep them there to help spread the word about the product.  It was, in part, these webinars that convinced us to reconsider FM 11 for our conversion to XML from FM 9 unstructured.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon,

I'll pass this information along as well. The current crop of recordings apparently had a 2yr limit on them, which has now been bumped up. The expiry dates were set at the time of the recording by the previous evangelist (who left Adobe at the start of the year). If you do find any more that have broken links (perhaps expired), please do let us know.

The Unstructured to XML series should all be back up sometime tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon,

I just checked the recordings, and both of Dustin's (Think outside the box; Sessions 1 & 2) webinars are active and available. Were there others that he presented that you were looking for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Arnis.  It seems that the link I had saved for Session 2 of Dustin's e-seminar was not correct.  Given how many broken links I have looked at with this lately. I am sure you will forgive me for not trying both. I have now fixed this up and both can be accessed.

Are you aware of any plans Adobe may have to improve searching for these e-seminars from http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/event/?  At the moment I select FrameMaker, leave the rest as is, and then select On Demand.  I then have to search the page looking for relevant material.  It would be nice to have a search function on this page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the webinar/e-seminar listings is a corporate issue and the TechComm team is aware of the user dissatisfaction with finding items of interest here. TechComm seems to be the child that gets little love compared to its Creative siblings at the corporate level, so it may be a while before any changes can get implemented.

The browser search function (ctrl+f) on the page (after you've made your filter selections) does help find words and phrases more quickly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2013 Jun 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon,

The webinars are all back up and working now. They can be found at the top of th current on-demand webinars here:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/event/index.cfm?event=list&loc=en_us&type=ondemand_seminar&product=Tech...

Thanks to Maxwell Hoffmann (Adobe's current TechComm Evangelist) for sorting this out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2013 Jun 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a link to Maxwell's blog, which in turn has all of the new links to the webinars:

http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2013/06/classic-7-part-aldous-series-on-unstructured-to-xml-webinar-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2013 Jun 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arnis,

Many thanks for your help.  I have tried one of the links and it is working okay.  I expect Adobe will get around to updating the links on (http://www.adobe.com/devnet/framemaker.html) at some stage.

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2013 Jun 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eventually. Problem is that the website content is administered by a completely different group and it takes a while to get things fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arnis. I have a similar question to the original poster. The links are all broken again. Is there a way to get the links reinstated?

Thank you!

Salome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Max Hoffmann, Adobe's TechComm Evangelist, is aware of this and is on his to do list. These should be back on line shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arnis,

The links to the webinars are still broken and I can't find them by searching from the main events page. Are the webinars still going to be republished?

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this link:

Adobe - Online Events

Then scan down the list to find the XML conversion seminar and click on the "Learn More" button on the right. This will display the info about the seminar and you will find a "Register" button below the title. Click this one and fill out the form. You will then be emailed a direct link to the webinar of interest.

[Anotther fine example of marketing info collection run amok... ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much appreciated - thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 25, 2015 Dec 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have also created a list of previously recored webinars for the "Adobe TechComm Central" Blog. All on one page including the presenter / featured expert:

New List of Recorded Adobe TechComm Webinars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines