• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A plugin/extension to collect all images in a frame document for FrameMaker 12?

Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Is there a plugin for FrameMaker 12 which will help collect all images in a book?

Best regards

Bjørn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Hi,

Yes, the Package command does not work very well if you have files in multiple folders. The Package command only pulls files from your current directory.

I have Finalyzer by Squibbs. Here is the website:

Finalyser

The Basic Package is a package of utilities for FrameMaker. One of them is a Transfer utility, you can transfer a single file or a complete book into a single folder. It grabs everything no matter where it is on your computer/network. I have been using this for years, mostly to package

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also use File > Package to collect graphics into one location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I wish I could, but for some reason that facility just doesn't work. I have tried several times, but I just can't make it work. I believe it may have something to do with the company storing the book files i a separate directory, but I'm not really sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to open all files without alerts? (and without masking alerts via preferences?!)

Missing resources could be the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't get any alerts and everything else works fine. Only Package does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, the Package command does not work very well if you have files in multiple folders. The Package command only pulls files from your current directory.

I have Finalyzer by Squibbs. Here is the website:

Finalyser

The Basic Package is a package of utilities for FrameMaker. One of them is a Transfer utility, you can transfer a single file or a complete book into a single folder. It grabs everything no matter where it is on your computer/network. I have been using this for years, mostly to package everything for translation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Tom

Thanks for the tip about Squibbs. I remembered their product but could not remember the name and producer, so had no luck in finding them. I shall try that.

Best regards

Bjørn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines