Highlighted

Accounting for second page number on first page

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an 11x17 landscaped document where the left page has the content and the right page has "This Page Intentionally Left Blank" and nothing else. I want to include the right page's page number next to the left page's page number in the footer. For example, "Page 1/2" then the next left page will have "Page 3/4". Is this possible or will I have to rig a text box outside the master page to do that?

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Accounting for second page number on first page

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an 11x17 landscaped document where the left page has the content and the right page has "This Page Intentionally Left Blank" and nothing else. I want to include the right page's page number next to the left page's page number in the footer. For example, "Page 1/2" then the next left page will have "Page 3/4". Is this possible or will I have to rig a text box outside the master page to do that?

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 22, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the master page where the page count is, you can add the "Page Count" varaiable, or use "<$lastpagenum>" as part of another varaible.

You could create a varaible with the value below:

<$curpagenum>/<$lastpagenum>

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignore the above, I misread the question, but cannot delete my answer for some reason 😐

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the help though no worries!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of way to implement TPILB (old thread here). I'm using one of them for a current project (default L/R pages are the TPILB pages), but I don't have a requirement to reference neighboring page numbers.

I'd be tempted to implement the Left TPILB pages via a page layout that has the TPILB text on the MP, and has a small Flow A text box just where the page number is on normal pages. The Paragraph format used there would be uniquely named, perhaps "TPILB", paginated Top of Left Page, and would consist of the real page number variable <$curpagenum>, and an Xref to something on the next page, by <$pagenum>. This paragraph type would also map the TPILB page via Master Page Mapping. It's a by-instance setup, but low maintenance thereafter.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 2