• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

/Adding revision numbering to each page. Already in Master Page, now how do I apply markers to each page

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FrameMaker 11

I created a structured document several years ago.  Each page is version tracked and the whole document is tracked using a List of Effective pages usings the LEP markers add on.  Now I am making amendments to individual pages and I would like to update the revision date and number for each page but I am running into an issue.  Currently H/F $1 = revision date and H/F $2 = revision number.  These markers are references on the master page footer.

Original issue was November 1, 2015 and for example if I update page 10, I insert markers to update the revision to the current date (April 17, 2017) and revision number 1.  Now every page moving forward from page 10 will have these numbers when I only wish to change page 10.  Is their a way to add default markers to each page so when I update page 10...it only updates page 10 in this scenario?

I hope my description makes sense.  This is a 300 page document split into 10 chapters so I don't want to do anything over again just ideally add editable markers to each page so I can update the revision status of each individually.

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?