Highlighted

Adjust space below anchored frames when using run into paragraph

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to adjust the space below an anchored frame when I insert using run into paragraph? Here is what I've got going on-

I have a small section of text and I am putting in a graphic next to it. I use the "run into paragraph" anchoring position. For the next step, I have another small section of text with the same type of graphic. When I insert the anchored frames, they are both stacked on top of each other. I would like to put a space between these two frames.The space between will be used to add a line of text for a figure tag (Fig. 1, Fig. 2, Fig. 3 etc.) My work around was to adjust the line spacing between the two lines the frames are anchored to. My co-worker said this was a sloppy way to do it, and not correct. Of course he has no solution either and it just so happens that he can't remember the correct way right now. It's probably something super easy, and I'm just making it more difficult!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adjust space below anchored frames when using run into paragraph

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to adjust the space below an anchored frame when I insert using run into paragraph? Here is what I've got going on-

I have a small section of text and I am putting in a graphic next to it. I use the "run into paragraph" anchoring position. For the next step, I have another small section of text with the same type of graphic. When I insert the anchored frames, they are both stacked on top of each other. I would like to put a space between these two frames.The space between will be used to add a line of text for a figure tag (Fig. 1, Fig. 2, Fig. 3 etc.) My work around was to adjust the line spacing between the two lines the frames are anchored to. My co-worker said this was a sloppy way to do it, and not correct. Of course he has no solution either and it just so happens that he can't remember the correct way right now. It's probably something super easy, and I'm just making it more difficult!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 07, 2015 0
Advisor ,
Aug 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I posted a similar question not long ago, and the consensus was that adjusting the height of the anchored frame was (let's say) the least inelegant way to add space. My understanding would be that any "space after" on the paragraph is calculated/applied with reference to the text baseline, not the bottom of the aFrame. To ease the pain, I also think that someone suggested object styles (something I've never used yet) to keep the aFrames consistent.

After pondering this advice, I managed to come up with another approach that satisfied both me and the developers – switching the relative positions of graphic and comment let me use a generous sidehead so that the spacing was driven by the style of the paragraph containing the anchor. Here's a picture, with borders and non-printing characters visible.

aligningGraphics.png

[ungenerous ps] is that really an empty paragraph for spacing in your screenshot? =8-}

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2015 0