Highlighted

Adobe FrameMaker 11 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Yesterday FrameMaker 11 suddenly stopped working on my machine. It shows the message "Adobe FrameMaker 11 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program." It does not create any error messages though, no .txt file in Users\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\FrameMaker\11. This happens whenever I open a FrameMaker file.
I tried uninstalling FrameMaker 11, reinstalling, and updating to version 11.0.2.384. Same result with my existing book file and with a new book file.

I'm working on Window 7 Enterprise, MUI, language setting English.

Help, I need FrameMaker and ePublisher to create my Online Help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe FrameMaker 11 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Yesterday FrameMaker 11 suddenly stopped working on my machine. It shows the message "Adobe FrameMaker 11 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program." It does not create any error messages though, no .txt file in Users\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\FrameMaker\11. This happens whenever I open a FrameMaker file.
I tried uninstalling FrameMaker 11, reinstalling, and updating to version 11.0.2.384. Same result with my existing book file and with a new book file.

I'm working on Window 7 Enterprise, MUI, language setting English.

Help, I need FrameMaker and ePublisher to create my Online Help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 27, 2015 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it was working fine before this point, what’s changed?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2015 0
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was proofing the Russian translation of the help files. I'd saved the fm files as mif files which were then translated to Russian in SDL Worldserver. I saved the Russian mif files to fm, created a new book, updated the book and looked over the files to create a pdf file for the translator. Everything worked fine until I saved the book as a pdf file (File > Save Book As). I selected 'Adobe PDF' as the printer.

Frame crashed after about 10 minutes of saving the pdf file.
After that Frame started crashing with any file, even those non-Russian files I worked on the same morning.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2015 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you rebooted your system? You should always have the Adobe PDF printer instance as the default for any FM session. Use the Sundorne SetPrint utility to automate this. See Sundorne Communications - SetPrint

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2015 0
KlausHo LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled FrameMaker, reinstalled it and rebooted. I've set the Adobe PDF printer as my default printer. And rebooted.
Then installed FrameMaker 11 on a Windows 10 machine. It works fine there. Strange thing happened though, once I tried to access the Windows 10 machine from my workstation via Remote Desktop, Frame crashed again.

So I'm going to work on the spare Windows 10 machine for now before I get my new computer in a couple of weeks.

Very unsatisfying situation.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2015 0