Highlighted

Adobe FrameMaker has stopped responding

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had problems with Adobe FrameMaker 7, then 11 for many years now. Each time I start dragging the cursor over a series of paragraphs, or holding the mouse button while selecting tracts too long, it stops responding. I put it down to incompatibility with Windows XP as per Troubleshoot system errors and freezes in FrameMaker 9 (Windows XP) . I also thought it could be my laptop or a corrupted file so installed FM time and again. 

Two weeks ago, I upgraded my laptop to the latest Dell Precision 16 which came loaded with Windows 10. I also upgraded to Adobe FrameMaker 15. And voila.... THE SAME PROBLEM! Adobe FM15 also STOPS RESPONDING even with all these brand new investments. Watching the ever-turning wheel go round and round is very frustrating!!!!

I was about to refer FrameMaker to other colleagues but this puts a stop to that unless maybe someone out there can provide a solution.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe FrameMaker has stopped responding

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had problems with Adobe FrameMaker 7, then 11 for many years now. Each time I start dragging the cursor over a series of paragraphs, or holding the mouse button while selecting tracts too long, it stops responding. I put it down to incompatibility with Windows XP as per Troubleshoot system errors and freezes in FrameMaker 9 (Windows XP) . I also thought it could be my laptop or a corrupted file so installed FM time and again. 

Two weeks ago, I upgraded my laptop to the latest Dell Precision 16 which came loaded with Windows 10. I also upgraded to Adobe FrameMaker 15. And voila.... THE SAME PROBLEM! Adobe FM15 also STOPS RESPONDING even with all these brand new investments. Watching the ever-turning wheel go round and round is very frustrating!!!!

I was about to refer FrameMaker to other colleagues but this puts a stop to that unless maybe someone out there can provide a solution.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 10, 2016 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can reproduce this at will – consider logging it as a bug with Adobe – use the Bugbase reporting link - https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 10, 2016 0
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff, will do.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 10, 2016 0