Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe internal error codes

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings!

I have users that run FrameMaker 12 and periodically the application crashes and produces an error log and associated internal error codes. Can we get a translation of the error codes so we can diagnose the issues? And if not the entire list can we get the most common ones?

After reviewing the error logs of multiple computers I have noticed patterns in the error codes. Two of the most common codes are 12024 and 12004. I did some digging and it appears that 12004 is related to network connectivity internal error 12004, 4454010, 7384245. But I would really like to know what 12024 means as well.

And at the moment I can't send the error logs to Adobe for security reasons (which is why i would really like to know what the codes mean).

sample of error codes:

Internal Error: 12004, 25561187, 22045852, 21992571

Internal Error: 12024, 202174421, 19514319, 19518941

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no [public] information available for these codes. You should be submitting the crash logs along with a description of what the user was doing at the time the crash occurred to fmerror@adobe.com.

You may (or may not) get a response back from the engineering team. Unique or previously unseen crashes often elicit a follow-up.

Otherwise, you could post what was going on when the crashes happened. There may be some collective experience on these here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please feel encouraged to send it to fmerror@adobe.com, as suggested by Arnis Gubins‌. We will definitively look into it. Please put tcs.support@adobe.com on CC.

We will definitively look into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response.

Before I can send the logs I have to vet them first to ensure there isn't data about content. Perhaps you can answer that for me? I noticed in the log files that there are sections that have what *might* be hex or Unicode. Is it? (I tried using a hex translator but had no luck) 

Example (not actual log excerpt):

=== Windows Stack Traceback Begin ===

004addd8: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000

=== Windows Exception Information Begin ===

[Exception Record]

00cedc40: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000

[Exception Context]

00cedc90: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000

It looks like RAM addresses referencing data?

Any help you can give would be most appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will check this with engineering and let you know asap.

Meanwhile it would be great, if you could try to find out with your users, in which situations they face these crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TCS support should be already working with you by now.

The crashlogs primarily contain information about the function calls and the parameters, that were made while doing the operation that resulted in the crash. Content of the user document is not in the logs.

The “Internal Error” details contain error codes specific to FM and again do not have any content related information.

I hope this clarifies your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't look for patterns - you're wasting your time.

An internal error looks like this:

Internal Error: 12044, 22580916, 22581210, 25525605

It is accompanied by a FrameLog text file. This includes a stack backtrace (the hexadecimal addresses of the internal procedures that were in progress):

• The first number in the internal error is the version of FrameMaker that you are using. So it has nothing to do with the actual error.
  • The remaining three numbers in the internal error are the first three addresses in the stack backtrace, in decimal. They depend on where Windows has chosen to load FrameMaker, and so typically differ between instances of the same error.

The FrameLog file also contains various other information, including:

• the version of FrameMaker in use, with the locale, mode, and view
  • the version of Windows in use
  • the last few fcodes (internal FrameMaker function codes)
  • relocation information (the addresses of each FrameMaker component):
    combining this with the stacktrace shows exactly what procedures were in progress
  • Windows exception and backtrace details.

It is only useful to Adobe engineers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the responses!

Stefan, That is good to hear that there is no user content/data that gets logged. Do you work for Adobe Inc.? I noticed that under your picture it says staff and was wondering if that is forum staff or adobe staff or both.

Mike, thanks for the explanation about the codes. It is difficult to determine what is in these types of logs sometimes and given the sometimes sensitive nature of documents one has to be careful.

Thanks for help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines