• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe vs Adobe? font problem when generating .pdf

Advisor ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document that uses Adobe Garamond Pro, and one paragraph style which calls for angle = italic.

The font is not greyed out in the Paragraph designer, and the document displays correctly on screen.

When I use Save as PDF, the paragraph with the setting angle = italic is rendered in Courier (or some other typewriter font) with bizarre kerning.

What's going on, and how do I correct it? Let me know if you need extra information.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same effect happening when you print to the Adobe PDF "printer"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of FM (including point release) and are you using the RGB or CMYK option?

The CMYK option had issues with various Pro OTF and WGL fonts - some of which have been addressed in more current releases. Also check your joboptions settings to ensure that all fonts are embedded (and for the job to fail, if not).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Goodness me, I didn't realise I hadn't replied! until hitting the same problem this morning and turning to the forum as the source of all  knowledge :-}
I'm still on 12.0.445, and selecting RGB (now a habit) after being burnt by CMYK-induced Acrobat crashes too many times in the past. As for job options, I don't know where to examine them: I just get a pull-down with a number of presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines