• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After upgrading to FrameMaker 2015 update 4, "Publisher" console message appears

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Framers,

Several of my team members recently upgraded to update 4.

FrameMaker 2015 update 4 (2015.0.4)

Now they get a console message (appears to be benign) as follows:

"C:\Program Files [x86]\Adobe\AdobeFrameMaker2015\fmInit\Publisher"

There's really no reason for the message. The Publisher directory is found and has the FMPublisher.dll file in it. So far these folks haven't run into an issue, but this is a strange console message for them to be getting. Makes me hesitate to upgrade.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too!  The last thing I want is yet another spurious FrameMaker console message! This is more annoying than most since it displays only a file path and no explanation of why the message has appeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are working on a fix for this one. It will be provided as part of the next update which will be available shortly.

Thanks!

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's great news, and prompt too 😉

Now all that I need as a (non-CC) TCS customer is the update for the horrible Acrobat DC interface, which drives me crazy every day...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines