Highlighted

Agency recommendations to develop structured templates?

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We're looking to convert our unstructured FM 11 templates to structured but do not have the resources internally to do it. Does anyone have any agency/contractor recommendations that can develop structured templates?

Thanks for the help!

Bernadette

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Agency recommendations to develop structured templates?

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We're looking to convert our unstructured FM 11 templates to structured but do not have the resources internally to do it. Does anyone have any agency/contractor recommendations that can develop structured templates?

Thanks for the help!

Bernadette

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 12, 2016 0
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to add: need them to migrate existing books created in unstructured templates to the new structured templates.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 12, 2016 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depends on where you are located – you could go with people like Sarah O’Keefe at Scriptorium, Bernard Aschwanden, Anne Rockley of the Rockley Group, etc..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 12, 2016 0
Mentor ,
Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernadette,

There are a number of consultants out there that can do this sort of thing, including myself. Some do very good work. However, I would strongly recommend that you reconsider the choice to outsource. Developing a structured template is not that hard. If you do it yourself, you will know how it works. Furthermore, it is more likely to fit your workflow. Conversely, an outsider will not know the details of your environment and may just deliver something that looks slick but doesn't work well. Plus, you may find yourself paying forever if you need updates, which templates always do.

If you are completely new to this, maybe a little training and/or initial consulting might speed things up. However, in the end, I think that template development is a basic task that a techcomm department should have complete control and knowledge over.

Just my two cents. Apologies to the consultants that come after and offer their services, especially those who are (or at least used to be) my friends.

Russ

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2016 0