• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All topics in HTML5 project are incorrectly named with the same name

Participant ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am generating individual books as a set in HTML5 - I have a single book that contains all of the books for the project. I've generated this a few times and had no problems, but now every topic is the same name even though the HTML file name is correct. The book name is correct; the folder name is correct, but the landing page is named the same for every topic. Javascript issues?

So Book\Folder\topic.html is now Book\Folder\same-name\topic.html.

Has anyone seen this before?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Adobe Support confirmed that the inability to remove text from File Info is a known issue and they don't know when it will be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of FM & was this working before? I'm interested because I maintain one project that is of that "master book of books" structure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is FM2017 - it was working fine before, now it wants to name each topic with the same name. I've deleted FMOutput, deleted App/Roaming FrameMaker files, uninstalled FM, deleted any leftover files, re-installed FM and thought it was fixed when FM said couldn't find settings.sts so would use default settings, but no, same thing happened. Now it happens for any sort of target output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tracked it down to maybe the file info properties that uses the same title for every page - it's in the template. But removing it has no effect on generating the HTML project. After 2.5 hours on chat with Adobe Support - they couldn't come up with a solution other than creating a new book for each book in the project and creating new topics. That's not a viable solution as this is over 1800 pages of configuration info and individual files for each command. They may have an answer in the next 24-48 hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the bad news is that copying and pasting the existing content into a new file with no metadata selected worked and the HTML is created the way it's supposed to look. But I did notice that using the old files generates too many levels of folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I have learned that you cannot remove file info from the file. If you delete the title information, it doesn't delete. I have filed a bug with Adobe, and the support person has not gotten back to me with an answer. I believe that this is a fundamental flaw in FM 2017 - I should be able to delete file info and have it removed permanently, not return after you save the file. I don't understand why the javascript is using the Title information instead of the file name. Selecting how the topic name is generated has no effect on how the topics are generated. For instance, <$filename_no_ext> does nothing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Support confirmed that the inability to remove text from File Info is a known issue and they don't know when it will be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IIRC, that file info stickiness bug has been out there since the dawn of time. There's been lots of discussion about it over the years - there may be a scripted response that works at the MIF level to scrub info out of FM docs so tainted...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines