• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alternating Table Row Shading in FrameMaker

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a way to automatically alternate the shading body rows in a FrameMaker table, but I have not been able to recall or recreate it. With all body rows selected, I have set the following for Body:

First: 1, Dk Grey, Fill: 10%

Next: 1, White, Fill: None

clipboard_image_0.png

When I click Apply, all rows remain unshaded. What am I forgetting?

(Version 2019 / 15.0.3.603)

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may actually be working. You're not doing 10% grey (10% of black), but 10% of dark grey. That might look a lot like white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ShoshF:

Those settings work fine for me:

Screen Shot 2019-10-07 at 7.19.32 PM.png

so I'm suspecting overrides on the table. Here are the steps to remove them:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-framemaker-removing-table-overrides/

Note that I wrote the post in 2009, but the steps (and screen shot) look exactly the same today. However, if this is a continual problem, FrameMaker added a remove table overrides feature to Find/Change that will make much quicker work of removing overrides for an entire file or book. Just be careful with a global Find/Change, but you may have some intentional overrides and those would get removed too.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be worth testing by creating a new small table. If it works, suspect override. If it doesn't, check display black point, white point, and gamma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback. Barb/Bob, you are both correct--There are overrides in this older document.

I tried creating a new table as you suggested, and the same settings work as normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! And you are clear on how to remove the table overrides?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines