Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alternative for selecting ISF file in FM12 Webhelp publishing

Mentor ,
Jan 25, 2014 Jan 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am currently evaluating TCS5/ FM12 as an upgrade from TCS4/ FM11.

In TCS 4, I could create an ISF file that contains my FM-RH style mapping and use that file in FM to publish the WebHelp. Now in FM12, I don't see the option to assign the ISF file. Instead, I need to start all over, first pull up the CSS file that contains the custom styles I added in RH, and then create a STS file which stores my style mapping.

Is there any other way out? I have about 70+ styles, mapping and testing them again would be a crazy task!

Thanks in advance.

Sreekanth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 25, 2014 Mar 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also interested in the concept of re-using RH work in FM12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2014 May 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FrameMaker 12.0.2 update has been released yesterday which has this fix. In the Publish pod you have Settings dropdown in top right corner, you shall find "Import ISF File" as the last option in that list.

To install the update click on Help > Updates menu in FrameMaker and then choose the relevant option.

Vivek

Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Vivek.

Now, the only thing that is stopping me from asking my managers to upgrade is the missing option to assign RH's master page while publishing. Our master page's footer contains copyright info which needs to be included in every page of the output. Since there is no other way to get that, we still cannot upgrade.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sreekanth,

Perhaps you can create a custom HTML template [AFAIK, that's essentially what the RH master page is - I don't know if you can export this from RH, as I don' use it much] and use the option to import an HTML template:

FM12_import_HTML_tmplt.png

Addendum: see Adobe FrameMaker 12 * Using HTML page templates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arnis

My 30 day trial has expired. So, I am trying that out in the TCS 5's Runaware Trial mode option. Here, I don't see the HTML Page Template option. Is it because some patch is missing here or am I doing something wrong?

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could very well be that the online trial mode hasn't been updated yet. I'll ping the group to let them know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently the update for the trial is in the pipeline, but it take a couple of days for all of this (including a posting to the FM updates page for manual updates) to propagate through the various components/departments in the Adobe eco-system. I was told that this thread would be updated when all the updates were in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Arnis for the following it up for me.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2014 May 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

RH master page can also be used as page template in FM.

From FM you can browse to RH master page, it should work fine. Please refer Readme for more details Adobe FrameMaker 12.0.2 ReadMe.pdf

Thanks

Amit Jha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2014 May 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fm 12.0.2 update is now available on TCS 5's Runaware Trial mode  and Adobe FrameMaker download page

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Vivek_k,

Thanks for the follow-up!

Best regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 17, 2016 Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which RH11 feature do I use to export the style mappings for import into FM12 multi-channel publishing?

In RH11, I did this: Project Settings > Import > Export > specified name of .isf file.

Then I imported the .isf into FM12 with this: File > Publish > Change Settings > Import ISF File > specify file name and No to use current settings file

The output from FM12 indicates that the style mappings are not correct, or that the list styles are not correct, or both.

For example, a lnf-ListNumFirst tag in FM is mapped in RH to ListNum2, Autonumber Convert to: multilevel list. In FM12 mult-channel, the Autonumber Convert to: HTML list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought it changed to a .sts file in newer versions of FM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff,

Thanks.

.sts is the destination in FM

The question is: what's the file from RH, and which RH command do I use to produce that file that I import to FM?'

Best,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search the FM Integration forum (I think) for how to convert .isf files to .sts ones

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 18, 2016 Mar 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Jeff,

Doh! I shoulda thought of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines