Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anchored Frames/Conditional Text in Headers

New Here ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning, Everyone,

I'm experiencing a little trouble trying to come up with a solution for a small conditional logo  that must be placed in the headers for half of my printed manuals. For specific products that my company sells, certain emission standards must be met. These are represented by a mandated logo that must appear on each page of printed manuals.

That brings me to the current challenge. I can't use anchored frames (which can be conditionalized) in headers and footers. Does anyone know of a work-around that might work?

Thanks!

-Leanna

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

re: I can't use anchored frames (which can be conditionalized) in headers and footers.

What's the issue there? AFs appear to be allowed in Master Page H/F frames. Their anchors can be conditionalized, and turned off and on.

Other alternatives might include:

• Do the logo-included books as parallel .books with different Master Pages (that include the logo), and import the body text as an Inset from the non-logo working copy of the book files.
  • If the icon is simple enough (in terms of outlines, fill, co

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: I can't use anchored frames (which can be conditionalized) in headers and footers.

What's the issue there? AFs appear to be allowed in Master Page H/F frames. Their anchors can be conditionalized, and turned off and on.

Other alternatives might include:

• Do the logo-included books as parallel .books with different Master Pages (that include the logo), and import the body text as an Inset from the non-logo working copy of the book files.
  • If the icon is simple enough (in terms of outlines, fill, color, etc.), get it rendered as a Private Use Area Unicode font. Then you can conditionalize it directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Bob says, any content in a running header/footer on a Master Page can have a condition tag applied and it will obey the Show/Hide and Conditional expressions in use. However, exact placement of the anchored frame may be a bit of a chore if the incorrect settings are used for the AFrame. You need to use the the "Outside Text Frame" option and then you can place the AFrame virtually anywhere on the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, Everyone!

I have this tendency that if I'm told I can't do something, I believe it. We all had some formal training a few weeks ago and we were told that we could not use condition tags to mark graphics in headers. Well, of course, when I tried it, it worked. Thank you so much for your help!

Best,

Leanna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines