• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any tips for creating a FM12 TOC from a FM 9 conversion? I successfully converted the document to FM12, but the TOC will not update from a FM12 template TOC file.

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have converted a small FM9 book to FM12.  The TOC will not update with the FM12 template TOC file.  Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How exactly (step-by-step) are you doing the updating for the TOC file?

Typically, one would open the FM9 TOC in FM12, then import the FM12 TOC template into it and save the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Arnis,

The original FM9 document was a document only, not in book format.  So I converted that document to FM12 and then created a book file, a cover page and imported a chapter template into the document.  I saved all in FM12 and added a TOC, then imported the TOC template, but it did not update.There is also a graphic on the master page that is not coming over in the FM9 documents converted to FM12.

Thank you for your help,

Junelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines