Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arabic/Hindi digits

Participant ,
Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

i'm wondering if it is possible to make a code can change all numbers on file to Arabic numbers like (0123) and another one can change all digits to Hindi like (٠١٢٣)

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Suzan.V,

It is definitely possible. You could do it with a basic search and replace, I think. Or, you could iterate over text directly and do the replacement at a character level. You did not specify whether you want to use FDK or ExtendScript, each of which has differing capabilities with regard to byte-level character manipulation.

That answers your question "is it possible." If were also expecting someone to post a script, that is a different story. There have been threads about search and replace on this forum... I would suggest starting there if you need ideas.

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Russ,

thanks for your reply, actually i have many files with Farsi digits and i need to change those digits to Arabic then another time to Hindi so Find/Replace process will take much time to do it

i was think about ExtendScript would help me a lot about that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines