• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arrange Documents icon/options are missing from FrameMaker 2017 ( version 14.0.4.511 )

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Arrange Documents menu/icon is not available in FrameMaker 2017 (version 14.0.4.511)

If I only have two files open,then I can use Windows Tile to see two documents side by side.
If more than two files are open, it tiles all of them.

In FM 2015 I could get that view when there were more than two files open by using the Arrange Documents menu.

It seems that the workaround in FM 2017 is to only open two files, select Tile, then continue to open the rest of
the files manually so they are separated between the two windows.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Hi Judith:

I have no idea why that was removed in 2017 and 2019. If you miss it (and I do) you can ask to have it restored here: Tracker​. Once you do, please come back here and post a link—I'll vote for it.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find the icon either. However, Shift+F5 will tile all the open documents.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to UN-tile when you're done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Len,
No, the functionality of Windows tile in FrameMaker 2017 is not the same as the FrameMaker 2015 options in Arrange Documents.
In FrameMaker 2015, using the Arrange Documents, you can tile the documents vertically or horizontally.
If you still have FrameMaker 2015, look for this icon at the top right of your screen.

window_arrangement_icon.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't have Frame 2015. That does look more useful, but in truth, it's not a function I've ever used. Looks like the Shift+F5 has the same function as the "Float All in Windows" option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lin:

This command remains in the CC apps (although it moves around from app to app and version to version), and it's handy. I don't know why it was pulled from Fm.

~Barb

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 9.20.38 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Before my current job, the only Adobe products I used were Frame and Acrobat. I never thought about using it in any of them. Now I'm learning Photoshop and, I hope, Illustrator, for work, I will probably find it useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. Shift+F6 will put things back where they were.

The icon is gone, but the functionality remains under the Windows menu item on the application bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Judith:

I have no idea why that was removed in 2017 and 2019. If you miss it (and I do) you can ask to have it restored here: Tracker​. Once you do, please come back here and post a link—I'll vote for it.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Barb,

I am glad to know it is a feature that is gone (as opposed to hard to find).

I clicked on the Tracker link you provided, but got an error when I tried to log in in order to request the feature be restored.

Thanks  again.
Judith Wallace

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Judith:

Are you logging in with your Adobe ID?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb,

I was able to login using Mozilla Firefox.

Clicking on login button when using MS Internet Explorer 11 and when using Google Chrome gave a "try again later" error message

Here is the link - thank you again                                                                                  

FRMAKER-6046OpenArrange Documents02/20/2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Judith:

The vote button is missing—not sure what is going on there—so I added a comment.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines