Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Assigning an object style based on context

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings!

I am working on an XML application that uses the same element <graphic> for inline elements (for example icons in a paragraph) and general figures.

I have two object styles:

• inline: sets the "anchor position" to "insertion point"
  • figure: sets the "anchor position" to "Below current line"

(I apologize if my property names are off; I'm actually using FrameMaker in Japanese, so I don't have the correct English names.)

I want to have a context rule where, if the <graphic> element is a child of <para>, it's assigned the "inline" style. If it's a child of <figure>, it's assigned the "figure" style. My current EDD looks like the following:

Initial graphic element format

1.     If context is:para

Insert imported graphic file.

Anchored Frame Object Style:inline

Else

Insert imported graphic file.

Anchored Frame Object Style:figure

However, when I import my XML into FrameMaker, only the "else" clause takes; all <graphic> elements have an object style of "figure".

When I change the Else to ElseIf and specify the context "figure", no object styles are applied to any <graphic> elements.

So it seems that the context is not registering. But I'm pretty sure my context specifications are right. Below is the structured view:

inline_structure.PNG figure_structure.PNG

Any ideas?

This doesn't seem like it should be too hard (paragraph formats all work correctly in their contexts).

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?