Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-Generated TOC Reference Page

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to make a custom auto-generated TOC in unstructured Framemaker. I am using the built-in building block variables on my reference page and was wondering if there is a way to get rid of what I am showing below. I just want the Page Block number next to the title - I do not want it in front of the sections. Currently I am using the <$volnum> building block variable to do this. Is there a better way?

TOC forum.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post a picture of the TOC reference page? My suspicion is that you have the <$volnum> building block in all the levels, and that removing it from the definition for the sections will fix your issue.

That is to say, if your title tag is named Title, the TOC equivalent is TitleTOC, and on the TOC reference page that tag is applied to a paragraph that looks like this:

<$volnum> <$paratext> .......................... <$pagenum>

If your section tag is named Section, the TOC equivalent is SectionTOC, and on the TOC reference page that tag is applied to a paragraph that looks like this:

<$paratext> .......................................<$pagenum>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that fixed it. Here is what it looks like now. However, now I have a new problem. I don't want the Page Block 0000 in front of the Front Matter content (Transmittal Letter, Highlights, ROR, etc.). I do want it in front of the Chapters (Descriptions, etc).

TOC updated.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to use a different paragraph tag for the front matter headings. If you're using the same paragraph tag for the front matter headings that you are for the chapters, then you're going to get that Page Block number also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines