• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Autodesk vault as CMS

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2016 Mar 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will autodesk vault be supported as CMS ?

TOPICS
CMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2016 Mar 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for asking.

This is a first hand request and we do not see steep demand for this.

For now, I will add this request to our Product Backlog and will keep a watch.

Regards,

Abhishek

Product Manager

Adobe TechComm Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My engineering company wants us to use Vault as a repository for FrameMaker files, which we desperately need. Is there any way to make it happen? We're using FrameMaker 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I understand, you can check in and check out files to/from Vault. It is also versioning files. So, from that perspective, I would say, just try to check in a FrameMaker file, check it out again, change it, check it back in. I guess they just want to store the documentation along with the CAD files in one system. Consider to check in PDFs as well, otherwise, no user in Vault who does not also have FrameMaker installed will be able to view the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All true, but Vault doesn't provide the features we need for true doc management. Vault can't find and store text insets or referenced graphics, so the stored file is incomplete without a lot of error-prone manual labor. Even then, we can't "connect" the related files so they get checked out together. If I need to check out a 1200-page book with 17 chapters, I want to do it once, not 17 or 18 times plus a couple of hundred additional referenced files.

We also have multiple books that will use the same insets and graphics, and it defeats the single-source idea if we must copy them to every location with a book's files.

I'm still in research mode looking for solutions. Thanks for the input, and if you have any other wisdom, pass it along.

Amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines