• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

automated way to turn .mif files into .fm files?

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a round-trip program Framemaker <--> Microsoft word. This is for a specialized use to publish a High Epic fantasy (Epic of Ahiram to be precise). I've got most of the pieces figured out (and would gladly share if there is interest).

In case you're wondering why I need to do that, well FM's typesetting is by far superior to word, especially when the end-product is a .pdf file. Also, I prefer writing in FM.  My editors, on the other hand, love to edit in Word. Since they do not edit my writings only it's really hard for them to transition over to FM when most manuscripts are in word

I know how to successfully turn an FM book into a single Microsoft word automatically.

I know how to turn a Microsoft Word document into a series of .mif files.

The last bit I need to figure out is an automated way of saving a group of .mif files into .fm files so that when FM opens the book, all the changes from the editing team have been applied to the FM docs.

Is there an automation api for framemaker similar to office automation? That would be great if I could invoke fm by code and get it to repeatedly open and save as documents....

Your suggestions are eagerly welcomed!

Thanks,

Egan.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Give this guy a buzz:

Rick Quatro

Carmen Publishing Inc.

585-366-4017

rick@frameexpert.com<mailto:rick@frameexpert.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines