Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatically adding character style to a paragraph style

Participant ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

A relative newbie here. Apologies in advance if this has been discussed earlier.

I want to make the first line or few words of a paragraph style in a bold style. Is there a way to apply character style to a certain part of a paragraph style?  I know this can be done in Indesign, but can unstructured Framemaker do this?

https://indesignsecrets.com/tip-of-the-week-creating-automatic-run-in-headings-with-numbered-paragra...

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Apurva

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Apurva,

yes, you can do it exactly like described for Indesign in your link above, or via an actual "run-in heading" as the link title suggests:

1. If the text is always the same (like e.g.: NOTE), you can put it into the numbering field of the paragraph designer:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-01 um 00.49.01.png

2. If you want to have variable text at the beginning, just define a paragraph format as "run-in heading" followed by a regular text format:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-01 um 00.52.50.png

Bernd

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but I don't think it's "baked in" like ID does it. I think you'd just have to select the text and apply the desired character tag to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apurva,

yes, you can do it exactly like described for Indesign in your link above, or via an actual "run-in heading" as the link title suggests:

1. If the text is always the same (like e.g.: NOTE), you can put it into the numbering field of the paragraph designer:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-01 um 00.49.01.png

2. If you want to have variable text at the beginning, just define a paragraph format as "run-in heading" followed by a regular text format:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-01 um 00.52.50.png

Bernd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent! I stand corrected - never used it myself, so didn't know it existed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines