• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best process to take unstructured FM books and get them into html?

Engaged ,
Jul 08, 2016 Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Framemaker 2015

Unstructured

Okay... I'm looking through posts (and other online sources) to figure out what I need to do, but am hoping that getting info straight from the horse's mouth might work best (that is, save me from doing lots of things incorrectly).

I have several Framemaker books, each containing multiple documents.

Some of these docs books use conditional text to generate from 2-4 variants.

We've been pretty faithful at using our defined paragraph and character styles throughout.

We've always generated to .pdf, but for these docs, we want to get them onto our .io site to be consumed online rather than as pdf.

So... what is the recommended process for doing this, for short-term gain (for current batch of documents), and long-term (for new documents yet to be created)?

Can I accomplish this with unstructured Frame, or do I have to convert into structured (which I haven't used)?

(Note: I didn't want to jump down a process and get to a point where I have to shout 'HELP! I'M DROWNING!' --- I'd rather get the proper life preserver in place, first 🙂

Thanks in advance for any insight 'you' can share, and if this is out-of-bounds topic-wise, I apologize.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2016 Jul 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you can create WebHelp or Responsive HTML5 from FM2015 – check out the Publishing feature in the help & on the Adobe Tech Comm blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines