Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Beware of side effects!

Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear friends,
This really happend on April 1 and since then I was uncertain what to do against this problem.
I wanted to extend my Enhanced Tool Bars (ETB) with a button pup-up menu for the case changes (lower case, UPPER CASE, …)

• I added a script defined function for "Sentence case"
  • The button was there, but it did not become active.
  • At that time I did not have a solution for the inactive button (see Problems with Fly out menus)
  • I started typing in my documentation about this ETB enhancement.
  • But when it came to enter a lower case u nothing happened, even "un" was digested and nothing appeared in text. So I entered text by using the U and then ALT+F1 to make it lower case.
  • Finally I discovered a magic word, which I could not enter completely: "undefined". Whyle typing this the cursor did not advance on the screen.
  • After having solved the problem with the inactive button I discovered this in the pup-up menu: u n d e f i n e d at the place where the command short cut becomes visible.
  • v9.1-problem.png

Oh yes, I do not need such a short cut, hence i just left it out

oCmd.SentenceC = DefineCommand (7, "ETB_ToSentenceCap", "To Sentence Caps [ETB]");

After defining an empty string, everything is OK now

oCmd.SentenceC = DefineCommand (7, "ETB_ToSentenceCap", "To Sentence Caps [ETB]", "");

So the default for the short cut label (undefined) became the short cut which digested my typing…

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

I can verify this behavior. It happened to me as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can verify this behavior. It happened to me as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines