Highlighted

Book folder-template: function is broken

Advocate ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Friends,

When discribing features of FM, I have the habit to test it after describing how it (schoul) work. As an engineer I often do not trust the written information - hence I stumble over faults, which probably have been introduced after the feature was first introduced.

This happens again with the feature "Associate template with a book-folder".

I  have filed bug report FRMAKER-8923 stating:

Problem Description:

Steps to Reproduce:
- Use the files in the attached ZIP to verify:
- Open example.book and check:

Actual Result:
- The folder name is appended with the path of the template
- The text inserted by variable Chapter Title Name is not the folder name (Appendix) but the template file name (folder-template.fm)

Expected Result:
According to help the variable <$chaptertitlename> contains the name of the folder (Appendix).

In the bug-base I have added a ZIP with the example book.

I have no desire to create a MIF of all files and then test them in FM-9. This feature was introduced in FM-9.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Advocate ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Friends,

When discribing features of FM, I have the habit to test it after describing how it (schoul) work. As an engineer I often do not trust the written information - hence I stumble over faults, which probably have been introduced after the feature was first introduced.

This happens again with the feature "Associate template with a book-folder".

I  have filed bug report FRMAKER-8923 stating:

Problem Description:

Steps to Reproduce:
- Use the files in the attached ZIP to verify:
- Open example.book and check:

Actual Result:
- The folder name is appended with the path of the template
- The text inserted by variable Chapter Title Name is not the folder name (Appendix) but the template file name (folder-template.fm)

Expected Result:
According to help the variable <$chaptertitlename> contains the name of the folder (Appendix).

In the bug-base I have added a ZIP with the example book.

I have no desire to create a MIF of all files and then test them in FM-9. This feature was introduced in FM-9.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 13, 2020 1

Have something to add?