Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Book Not Recoginzing Fonts

Participant ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am trying to render a book file into a PDF using "Print to PDF." The book file is not recognizing required fonts that are installed on my laptop. I've checked with our IT rep, and the fonts are correctly installed. The error I am getting in the console is "<Font Name> is not available." And, it says "cannot open "<File Name>." When I remove that file, it moves onto the next file and says it can't open that file name. 

Each individual file in the book prints correctly. I've tried to remove the files and then add the files again. That didn't work. 

I've created an etire new book. That didn't work. 

I've deselected "Rely on System Fonts Only. Do not use Document Fonts" in the Adobe PDF Document setting. That didn't work. I reselected. That didn't worl. 

I've deselected  the"Remember missing font names"  box in "Preferences" popup. That didn't work. I reselected. That didn't work. I did this at the book level and at each individual file level. I even tried deleting the files from the book and re-adding AND creating a new book. None of those worked. 

The fonts appear in the "Type" dropdown of the Character Designer. All of the fonts are there. 

This issue occurs regularly with FM 2019. 

Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you all patched up? Check Help > Updates to check. We're up to Patch 5 now I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff!

Yes, I am. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could be two separate problems. You might eliminate one by having all the book component files open during the Print to PDF.

Also try Save as PDF.

And what's the default printer model for these tests?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines