• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Book View, interface use

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a 80 chapter book file that displays in a three 'tiers' tree in the LH side window. I use this constantly to organise files in the book. When I make a change to the Master Template, a paragraph style change for example, and want to apply that template to all files in the book, I do this using Import Formats. To do this all files must be visible in the tree view, that is all the + icons must be expanded out to - icons. In a larger book this is time consuming as I don't generally leave the tree view expanded fully as I'm working with it.

Is there a way to 'expand all' and 'collapse all' in this LH side tree view? I have searched and can't fined where to do this. Thanks, Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

I craeted a bug report:

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/FRMAKER-9290

When you want this to be fixed, you can vote for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Structured or unstructured FM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With FM2019, I've just experimented with selecting any file in the book window and clicking Ctrl+A – this seems to work, at least up to a two-level structure; that's as complex as I get. With all the component files selected, I can then fine-tune the selection with Ctrl+LeftClick*. Note, however, that while Ctrl+A selects everything while the structures are collapsed, it's a bit of a Schrodinger's cat: clicking on the plus to expand a collapsed group of files resets the focus so I can't tell whether the sub-components were selected or not.

* sudden flashback – does anyone still conscientiously refer to Primary and Secondary mouse buttons? do users still reconfigure their mice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can confirm what Mark says:

When the group is collapsed and you press CTRL+A to select all files and e.g. hide a condition, then the files in the group are not changed. I think this is a bug, as the group was selected as well.

When the group is open, CTRL+A selects also the files in the group and hiding a condition changes the files in the group as well.

When you select the collapsed group, the conditions in the Show/Hide conditions pod are not active. This means that the files will not be selected.

Is opening/collapsing a group with 80 files really so time-consuming?

When you create a new book with only the files of the group or all files but without any groups, would this help?

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I craeted a bug report:

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/FRMAKER-9290

When you want this to be fixed, you can vote for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you All for your input. Thnx Winfried for creating the bug report.

I shall just handle it as I have been doing

Cheers, Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Upwritenzl, did you change your avatar to match your mood after expanding/collapsing in the book window? 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines