Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Booklet Printing questions

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I am currently using the latest FM2019. Currently, I have a booklet format document. I need to change this to an 8.5x11 document. Is there a way to resave the booklet pages in one shot or do I have to go one by one to a new name? 

Also, as I create new content in 8.5x11, is there an easy way to go to booklet? I know when viewing a document in Acrobat PDF there is a booklet feature, but when we test print in house all the margins are still wide. I've tried making adjustments but it always comes out skewed. Is the best answer that our publisher makes the booklet with its imposition tool? 

I tried to reference this article, but it is from 2009. Is it still relevant today? 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/framemaker/print-2-framemaker-8-5-x-5-5-pages-on-one-8-5-x-11-pdf/m-p...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Printing a 5.5x8.5 PDF as 2-up from Acrobat is pretty straight forward, if the resulting layout is satisfactory.

For re-casting as an 8.5x11 document, you have a number choices, and the considerations start with whether just scaling up everything is satisfactory.

Usually it is not. I might be tempted to create a new empty 8.5x11 document, and import Flow A from the master document as a Text Inset. This will re-flow it, at designed font and art sizes. Landscape vs. portrait, column count, etc. all come into play.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines