Highlighted

bookmap switch to document view

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Framemaker Bookmap has an icon at the top of the bookmap to "Switch To Document View".   When you click on that button, it switches the bookmap to a document format.  The only problem is there is no button to take you back to the tree view.  I have had to shut the file down and re-open it in order to get my bookmap back.  Since the "Switch To Document View" is at the top of the tree, with other options, I have accidently pressed it several times.

I don't know why Framemaker creates these black holes in the user interface.  Can anyone tell me how you switch back to tree view after you go into the Document View?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

bookmap switch to document view

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Framemaker Bookmap has an icon at the top of the bookmap to "Switch To Document View".   When you click on that button, it switches the bookmap to a document format.  The only problem is there is no button to take you back to the tree view.  I have had to shut the file down and re-open it in order to get my bookmap back.  Since the "Switch To Document View" is at the top of the tree, with other options, I have accidently pressed it several times.

I don't know why Framemaker creates these black holes in the user interface.  Can anyone tell me how you switch back to tree view after you go into the Document View?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 19, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This in Structured or Unstructured FM?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Structured.

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2017 0
Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah - moved you over

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2017 0
Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There used to be a reciprocal button that would appear in the Toolbars area, but if that's not visible, use the View > Switch to Tree View command, or Esc r m

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2017 0