• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bookmarks in FrameMaker are wrong

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The hierarchy of bookmarks in my FrameMaker files (FM 2015) are not reflected in the PDF files.

In the FM bookmarks, the hierarchy looks like this:
book title
  chapter title
     1heading
        2heading

In the PDF, the bookmarks look like this: 
book title
  chapter title
     chapter title (wrong place in hierarchy)
        1heading (ditto)
            2heading (ditto)

"Chapter title" is in two different positions in the PDF bookmarks, but it should only be indented below "book title".

BTW, I selected the bookmarks by opening the book file, selecting all files, selecting Format > Document > PDF Setup > Bookmarks, specified the hierarchies, and clicking Set.

Does anyone know what's going on?

Catherine
TOPICS
PDF output , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

The script may be written to set bookmark properties. You could post the script or send it to me off list. rick at frameexpert dot com.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening consistently or just in a few spots? Can you post a shot of your PDF settings setting your hierarchies? Anything odd about the misbehaving chapter titles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bookmarks indent correctly in 2 out of 14 PDF files. Each book is set up to create the following bookmarks:

bookmarks1.pngbookmarks2.png

I've compared the chapter titles in the book with correct bookmarks versus those with incorrect bookmarks. I don't see any problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your FM2015 all patched up? Are you printing to the Adobe PDF printer instance or doing Save As PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to open 1 of the correct files and 1 of the incorrect files and open their PDF setups separately and compare. I know that book and file level numbering can differ and be overridden, perhaps PDF setup can too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest patches are applied. A FrameScript generates the PDF files. I don't know if it doesn't the equivalent of save as PDF or printing to a printer instance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I compared the pdf setup in several books. They were all the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, you didn't mention anything about a script - try doing it manually & see if you get the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The script may be written to set bookmark properties. You could post the script or send it to me off list. rick at frameexpert dot com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines