• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BOOKTITLE MAINTITLE

Advisor ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's all this about – all the ditamaps I've made so far (outside FM) simply have a <title>, so I'm curious as to what these elements are for/do, and frustratedly curious about how to set/select/define them. The on-line help … doesn't, really:
<booktitle>
The <booktitle> element contains the title information for a book, including the library title, main title, subtitle, and other titles (as required).

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so I understand these elements are "better" than a plain <title> when I'm using a .ditamap … but how can I access them? clicking on them in the .bookmap pane does nothing, and "Switch to document view" (one suggestion I've received) is a disaster! it shows four out of the five <topicref> elements, but not the <booktitle> and <mainbooktitle> elements, and I can't see a button anywhere to revert to the earlier view …

breaking news, though: I managed to second-guess my way to View > Switch to tree view. Thank goodness for that. And what do you know: the second time I daringly clicked on the "Switch to document view" icon, I got a different document view where I can actually adjust <booktitle> and <mainbooktitle>.

It still feels uncomfortably unreliable, though. Corporate network and VPN access? Windows 7.0 with expensive extra maintenance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And while we're at it … how come the menu options and shortcuts don't feel like a pair of related commands? View ▶ Switch to tree view is not to my mind the neat opposite of View ▶ Document view; and Esc,d,v is nowise the obvious way to undo the effect of Esc,r,m :-}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines