• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Border Line Underneath Header

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I'm looking for the place to add a borderline below the Headers in the Masterpage in Frame. Hopefully there's an easier way than using a graphic? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Hi framemaker_user​:​

I just draw the rules on the master pages, under the header frames, using the Line drawing tool.

As for the alignment, if you select a single object and then use the align buttons in the Align panel, the object is aligned to the page. (Multiple selected objects align to each other.)

You can set the position of an object via Graphics > Object Properties. When I need to make sure the vertical offset is the same on facing pages, I eyeball one, then jot down the top offset value a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also - I can't use the Below Paragraph selection for under the Header and use Single Line. I tried that, but I have multiple rows (between 2 -3) running headers on each page, and when I use that, it underlines each one individually.

Thanks.

UPDATE: Looks like the only way to do this  - please correct if mistaken - is to draw a line using graphics tool. If this is correct, aside from using the ruler and eyeballing it, is there any way to ensure its completely centered?

Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've been looking in the wrong place to add a line style to be used below paragraphs. These lines need to go to the reference page (there are already the frames for the single and the double line). The steps one by one:

• Go to the reference page and draw a graphic frame (using the corresponding tool). Name it as desired.
  • Within that frame, draw the line you want to have below your heading, and adjust the parameters as needed.
  • Go back to the working pages, and define the paragraph format to use the newly created frame below the paragraph.
  • Done.

Frame_below_Paragraph.jpg

I hope this helps.

Bernd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi framemaker_user​:​

I just draw the rules on the master pages, under the header frames, using the Line drawing tool.

As for the alignment, if you select a single object and then use the align buttons in the Align panel, the object is aligned to the page. (Multiple selected objects align to each other.)

You can set the position of an object via Graphics > Object Properties. When I need to make sure the vertical offset is the same on facing pages, I eyeball one, then jot down the top offset value and apply it to the rule on the facing page.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah… looks like I've mixed up header and heading. A misunderstanding, sorry.

Bernd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Barb!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Always happy to help!

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines