Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug 9622: Trying to get this fixed

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In May I posted the following concerning bug 9622:

I entered a bug for Framemaker 2020 back in January in Adobe's tracker tool (bug  9622). It had to do with the following conditional tags being added to the product by default:

FM_PDF_Comments_Highlight

FM_PDF_Comments_Underline

5 others also requested that the bug be fixed also. However, it is now May and it is still Open, not fixed. I have been waiting for this fix so i can upgrade Framemaker where i work to Framemaker 2020. We use conditional text heavily here and won't go to FM 2020 until this bug is fixed. How do we get Adobe to fix this bug?  Does anyone have any ideas?

Since that time I have been monitoring the bug. The status went from "Open" to "To Track" to "In Development" back to "To Track" back to "Open". No explanation in my original post as to why it is not being fixed. So I am concerned the bug I found will never get fixed. So I am posting again in the hope this will be fixed or at least I will get an explanation as to why it will never get fixed. 

Note: Since that time one other person also requested that it be fixed so now we are up to 7 requests.

Thank you to all for reading this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It certainly isn't fixed in the update that dropped last week, which is annoying.

Technically, those conditions existed all along, since they're used with FrameMaker's track changes feature. But they shouldn't be showing up in the pod unless you're actually using that feature. <grumpy>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately changing the default visibility of these two conditionals in the conditional tags panel did not make it into Update 2.

It is currently scheduled for Update 3.

We understand that showing these conditionals by default in the conditional tag panel is causing an inconvenience and will improve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the update, Stefan. Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines