Highlighted

Call ExtendScript Script from FDK Client

Adobe Community Professional ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive me if this has been answered before, but can a FrameMaker ExtendScript script be called from a FrameMaker API client? Is it possible to pass parameters to a script this way? Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Call ExtendScript Script from FDK Client

May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive me if this has been answered before, but can a FrameMaker ExtendScript script be called from a FrameMaker API client? Is it possible to pass parameters to a script this way? Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 06, 2020 0
Mentor ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

You used to know how to do this with FrameScript... I figure it is about the same thing with the FDK using F_ApiCallClient()?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/framemaker/how-can-i-run-extendscript-in-framescript/td-p/10494772?pa...

There were more extensive discussions about this on the old yahoo dev group, including the question about passing parameters. I think the short answer was no, you can't pass parameters. Your client would have to write some file with whatever data, then the script reads it. If I remember.

Russ

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 07, 2020 0
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey what do you know? I guess I answered my own question. Thank you for the pointer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 07, 2020 0