• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can a hierarchical book file (nested books in folders) be updated? Not working for me.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FRAME 12, first folder holds a .fm file, the other folders  hold books.  On a book update only the first folder is updated.  If I exclude it, FRAME

tells me no file to update.  Net/net is FRAME is not updating the hierarchy.  Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!

--Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Oddly enough after I opened all files in the hierarchical book,  the update worked.  And continued working after i saved/closed all the files. So thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, never played with folders in any of my projects, but I CAN tell you it works with the "master book of books" feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And how do I access that feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You create a book file, and within that master book, you add other book files. In your case, I would test if having multiple files in the first folder or a book in there has any impact on the updating process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oddly enough after I opened all files in the hierarchical book,  the update worked.  And continued working after i saved/closed all the files. So thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I forget about that trick - when the Update command runs, it's actually doing a silent open on each file. Sometimes issues are present in the files that normally would be brought to your attention, but in the silent open environment, just fail. So opening all files before updating can highlight issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines