• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I add a non Adobe image editor to Framemaker?

Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you right click on an image in a FM file it allows you to edit the image inside of FM using Adobe products like Photoshop. Any way to add SnagIt Editor to that context menu?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that behaviour is completely dependent on your File Associations - change it & whatever application you've told it to use will open the file of that type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I already have jpg files associated with SnagEditor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @tekwrite1955:

Such a good question. Edit with... is available for .png files but only offers four applications as per my screen shot below:

example.png

I don't see any way to edit this list, nor do I see where this list lives (it's not in the FrameMaker .ini file). Maybe if we could find where it lives, we could edit it. But in the meantime, you might want to file this as a feature request on Tracker, and organize your screenshots in a folder — which you should do anyway — then open up the images that need editing from the folder, which will associate with SnagIt. Assuming that they are linked and not copied, editing in SnagIt and saving will force Fm to update the image in the file. It's not as convenient as a double click, but it's effective, for now. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I will do that. I have always loved the ability to reference files in
FM!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked this on my side.

When I double-click an image, the application opens which is associated with this file extension.

With a right-click I get the same applications as Barb, and not those when I do the same in my file manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shall try that. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, missed the "right-click context menu" bit totally. Barb's right, no can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah-HA! When I double click on the image in FM it opens in Snagit! THANK YOU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines