Highlighted

Can I open a book/files without missing fonts?

Explorer ,
May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to be able to open all of a book's files (which do have missing fonts) so that I can import all of the paragraph and character styles from a file that already has all of the fonts mapped correctly. Currently when I try to do an import the program says (for every file) file cannot be opened due to missing fonts.

I do not want to manually map 10 fonts in 25 files. I can't be the first person to run into this dilemma.

I just know someone out there has the answer. (Deep sigh.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can I open a book/files without missing fonts?

Explorer ,
May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to be able to open all of a book's files (which do have missing fonts) so that I can import all of the paragraph and character styles from a file that already has all of the fonts mapped correctly. Currently when I try to do an import the program says (for every file) file cannot be opened due to missing fonts.

I do not want to manually map 10 fonts in 25 files. I can't be the first person to run into this dilemma.

I just know someone out there has the answer. (Deep sigh.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 12, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe turn off the "honk at me if I'm missing fonts" preference; Shift-Open all files; do your import; Shift-Save all; turn the "missing fonts" flag back on; reopen all again to test?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2017 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff actually gave you both things you can try...

1. Set your preferences to not alert you to missing fonts (or other resources that pop up when opening files)
  2. Open your files first, then import across all the files in your book

Either approach should work on its own, both will definitely work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2017 0