• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I set the same zoom percentage for all files in a book?

Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Does anyone know: Is it possible to set the same zoom percentage for all files in a book with  a single command or shortcut?

When the book window is active, I can only change the zoom of the list of files.

I did not find anything in the FrameMaker help.

Best regards

Winfried

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Hi Winfried,

The Zoom is stored in the Document Properties, so if you import document properties across all files in book you should be set.

Personally, I'd recommend either importing a MIF fragment for the zoom, or looking at Rick's ImportFormatsSpecial, which breaks up the things you can import from a given doc's document properties.

*This is from memory, so let me know if you find otherwise.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Winfried,

The Zoom is stored in the Document Properties, so if you import document properties across all files in book you should be set.

Personally, I'd recommend either importing a MIF fragment for the zoom, or looking at Rick's ImportFormatsSpecial, which breaks up the things you can import from a given doc's document properties.

*This is from memory, so let me know if you find otherwise.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Matt,

Thank you very much for the reminder. I have Rick's Import Formats Special script, and yes, it also has an option to import only the View settings. I use this script almost daily, but I had overlooked this option.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines