Highlighted

can I use object style designer in structured document (DITA)

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I use object style designer in unstructured document  but It does not working  in structured document

can I use object style designer in structured document (DITA)?

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

can I use object style designer in structured document (DITA)

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I use object style designer in unstructured document  but It does not working  in structured document

can I use object style designer in structured document (DITA)?

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 03, 2018 0
Enthusiast ,
Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We will need a little more information about how the Object Style Designer isn't working. I'll start with a guess...

Do the changes that you apply work as you apply them in the Object Style Designer, but then you save and close the DITA document. When the document is opened again your object style changes have been lost?

If this is what you are experiencing, that is to be expected. DITA is an XML format with its own set of rules. As with most XML document types very little formatting information is stored in the XML. You will find sizes or scaling for graphics and some text alignment features in tables, but that's all you get. Everything else is supplied by style sheets applied to the DITA XML. In FrameMaker the style sheet is the Element Definition Document (EDD) which, in conjunction with the Read/Write rules is what provides the formatting that you see in your DITA topics. In short, to make the changes you require may entail editing the EDD, Read/Write rules and the structured template.

If my guess was wrong, then we may still be able to help, but need a more detailed description of what isn't working as you expect.

~Ian

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 03, 2018 1
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying

My intention is to automate object styling. I modified EDD like this

I found that it was not working

and I found similar question in this forum

Assigning an object style based on context

My guess is that EDD does not support this function. AM I correct?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 03, 2018 0