• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't add a TOC to a book

Participant ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I first open the book file, and click Add, I can see Table of Contents. But if I delete the TOC and try to recreate a new one, the only option I see is Create a Standalone TOC which is not picking up the formatting from the book files to add to the Ref page. Nothing I've tried to do has fixed the issue. The TOC will not auto tab with leading dots even after I format the ref page and add the paragraph tag to it.

Why does the option to add a TOC directly to the book disappear?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First thing to check – make sure you have the focus on the book when you try to set up a new ToC.

• setting up a standalone ToC is an option from the Special menu for a file, and that menu isn't available when focus is on a book
  • adding a ToC for a book is an option from the Add menu for a book, and that menu isn't available when focus is on a file

If I had €10 for every time I've distilled a single file instead of a book because of not paying attention to focus … I'd still be following this forum :-}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines