Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't PDF in FrameMaker 12 since Office365 update

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Ever since I installed Office365 on my laptop (which was a company requirement) I have not been able to generate PDFs in FrameMaker12 for a book. I believe the Office365 update is the issue, as I was able to generate PDFs for books before that (however, only with RGB ticked).

I've got Windows 7 and FrameMaker 12.0.4.445.

Is there any patches/software that I should be looking for, that may be required and that may have been removed with the Office365 update?

Adobe Acrobat Distiller DC has been generating the PDFs (and yes I know one of the forums say that FrameMaker12 only supports Acrobat Distiller XI; however, I have not had any issues generating PDFs with the DC version until now + I'm still able to use it to generate the individual files).

Has anyone had similar issues?

I would appreciate any help!!

Kind regards,

Jannica

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jannica, please check out the steps I use to troubleshoot PDF creation in Fm 2017 and earlier. If these steps don't work, we can go from there.

https://techcommtools.com/framemaker-pdf-tips-and-tricks/

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2019 Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Matt,

Yes, the issue was a corrupt image (or several). After fixing those, I was able to PDF again. The images had broken links to other images, which I fixed.

I must explain this a little bit better though, as after I posted this comment I found out the issue was not about updating to Office365, but the fact that I had (without being really aware) updated my Distiller.

This is now what I believe - my previous version of Distiller (which I think was Distiller XI) did not have any issues with these images (I'm not sure why). In fact, these images that my new Distiller was complaining about was dating back to 2015 (I never did any updates to them) and as late as January I was able to generate the PDF when I had a different version of Distiller. How do I know I had a different version—yes, when I look in my system log I can see that Distiller DC was installed late February and ever since then I have had issues PDFing in FrameMaker.

(It just happened to be a coincidence that Office365 was also installed on the same day. I also had other unrelated issues with that update and because of that I thought the FrameMaker PDF issue was a result of updating to Office365 as well.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines