• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't save a book as PDF because of phantom unavailable font that's not used or found in find/replace

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting Book errors about unavailable fonts (Simplified Arabic Fixed and Simplified Arabic Fixed Obliqued) in generated files (TOC, IX) even though these character formats have never been used in any of my FM files, are not used in Master pages or Reference pages, not found when searched for, and are affected by the Remember missing font names preference turned on or turned off. I've tried importing formats one-by-one, skipping import for some options, importing and wiping manual overrides. Sometimes the limited import works and sometimes it doesn't.

This is FM 12.0.4 on Windows 10. Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround that's reliable?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

typo "are not affected" by turning the remember missing fonts option on or off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They may have snuck into your doc via an image file. I'd be tempted to do a Save As MIF & have a look for any references to those fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FrameMaker supports right-to-left languages since FrameMaker 2015.

You have FM 12.

Could it be that you use a template of FM 2015, which was saved down to FM 12?

In Acrobat Distiller you can change what Acrobat should do when font embedding fails:

Ignore

Warn and continue

Cancel job

This is in the Font section of the profile. Maybe you can change this setting?

And of course you can also save as MIF, open in a text editor and find and change/delete the sections with these fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines