• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't save individual fm files as pdf files

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Framemaker 2015. I can create PDFs out of books just fine, but when I try to save an individual FM file as a PDF, I get this truncated window and can't continue the save:

Has anyone else seen this? Is there a solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be your screen scaling in Windows - what size resolution are you running FM in? Have you changed your Display Settings (small, medium, larger - 100, 125, 150%)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried changing my display resolution, but I get the same result. It works fine if I save a whole book as a PDF, just not individual FM files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you got the "full" version of Acrobat or just the "headless" one that comes with FM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So just the headless one then - Reader is the freebie; Distiller is the full one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem occurs within Framemaker, not Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sort of - FM must be invoking 2 different screens if the Book PDF dialog is appearing fine, but the individual PDF dialog is looking like your screenshot. My question was - is it getting some PDF settings dialog from the "headless" version packaged with FM or is it coming from the full Acrobat Distiller package?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I appreciate the clarification. I don’t know what it’s doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Deborah: If that happened to me, I think I would uninstall/reinstall the software, because that isn't normal. If you aren't ready to do that yet, or need to wait for IT, here's a temporary solution.

You aren't missing much of the dialog box—I put a grey overlay over what you can't get to in the screen shots below. All the commands have keyboard shortcuts, and if you are willing to use them, they will at least allow you to be productive until you figure this out.

Under settings, you can press Tab to advance from Width to Height and from Start Page to End Page. Enter is the keyboard shortcut for Set. Alt+S will work as well. Esc is the shortcut for Cancel.

VMware Fusionss_001.png

In Bookmarks is Get Defaults is missing. Use Alt G. You can Tab from Generate PDF Bookmarks and type in a number to indicate Bookmarks Expanded through Level __.

VMware Fusionss_002.png

The only thing missing in Tags is Get Defaults. Use Alt G.

VMware Fusionss_003.png

Nothing is hidden in Links.

VMware Fusionss_004.png

I happen to prefer shortcuts to a mouse any day, so this wouldn't slow me down too much, although I understand very well that a lot of people are naturally adverse to keyboard commands. I just wanted to offer this in case you are on deadline, and not able to continue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb, thank you so much! This solves my problem perfectly. I don’t need the UI if I can use keyboard shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Deborah. I'm so glad I could help.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines